Now is the time to move green affordable housing techniques from best practice to normal practice. That’s the goal of Enterprise Green Communities. Join us on this journey and explore our green rating system, certification program and technical resources. We applaud your commitment to green affordable homes – and we’re here to support you.
Updates & Events
- Join us for upcoming Green Communities Office Hours!
- As DOE recently released ZERH, Version 1, Revision 9 and ZERH Version 2 for use by multifamily buildings of any height, the temporary pathway for Criteria 5.2b published via Addenda to the 2020 Criteria for projects seeking compliance with 5.2b in District of Columbia is no longer available as of January 1, 2024. Review the DOE Program Version Affective Dates for additional guidance.
- The 2020 NYC Overlay, V2.0 is available in the portal. Visit the NYC Overlay page for more info and resources.
- Read how developers in Braddock, Pennsylvania merged history and modern sustainability to create 37 efficient, comfortable affordabe homes at The Ohringer Building.
Using The Site
Design Your Building to Meet the 2020 Criteria
- Get to know the requirements to certify: Use the filter mechanism on the Criteria menu to view the requirements and options applicable to your project’s construction type and setting.
- Collaborate with your project team: Print a PDF of your checklist to share with project team members or download a working Excel checklist to track and score your criteria goals offline.
- Stay up to date on all 2020 Green Communities Addenda and FAQs, and program news.
Learn About Green Building Certification
- Use certification to assess and recognize your buildings that achieve Enterprise’s green requirements. Review our step-by-step overview of certification.
- Download customizable templates, tools and calculators for your green building certification submittal.
- We heard you! Here's an updated guide for compliance with Criteria 8.5, Energy and Water Data Collection & Monitoring, including clarity for engaging with WegoWise to certify.
- Download the 2020 Certification Documentation Instructions recently updated for clarity.
- Questions on what to expect when submitting your certification application? Check out the Review Process FAQ .
- The First-Ever Green Communities Certification Plus Project in Fort Collins, Colorado
- Green, Healthy Affordable Homes: A Bronx Community Rises to the Challenge
- How to Build Green Affordable Homes
- Check out our case studies and learn what your peers are accomplishing with Green Communities!